Sunday, October 2, 2022

2nd half September 2022

I had a week off for our anniversary. We were supposed to go to London but we cancelled it due to the train strikes. At least staying at home means we can get out locally and enjoy the countryside.



One morning we went over to get some cakes from Arlo and I waited outside with Izzy, I think this was our anniversary.


Later in the day we went over to Bolton Abbey for a lovely walk. The trees still very green and not much sign of autumn yet.




In the evening I had the telescope out again, and this time managed to position it so I could get a good look at Saturn.


Saturday morning was parkrun day. It was a lovely and sunny morning, although starting to get a little chilly.



I think there was some local trail race on in North Leeds as I quite easily came first, with quite a slow time.






Sunday I went out for a nice long bike ride with Chris and Ric. My back has been hurting all week in the lead up to the punk panther event. They are both very strong cyclists and so it was tough for me to keep up!




The second Tuesday on Sept marked the end of open water swimming for this year. This was the usual twilight swim which was a nice event.






Somewhere in September it was 'world pharmacist week' and so I had my picture taken with Sarah and Chloe.


One lunchtime at work I was able to get out for a quick coffee and a visit to the park. I needed to prepare my presentation for NPPG.




On the 24th of September I did a 20 mile run for a Punk Panther event. It was a really nice course and I might consider doing the 30 mile version next year. I am not sure I am ready for ultra marathons just yet! I need to practice how to pace them properly!









The paper this week was all the economic turmoil caused by the new government.


On Tuesday I popped to Otley to get some new fell funning shoes in the sale.




I was working on the 1st October, and I was treated to a lovely sunrise ride on the way into work.


On the Sunday I made waffles in the morning, the first time in several years.


In the afternoon we popped to Ilkley to the market and then visit the brewery.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...