What have I been up to this summer?
Well, here is a summary. This photo was taken when we went for a walk on the 15th of June. Khalid, Ben and Huahie (?sp) got the train out from Leeds to here and we walked over to Ilkley. It was quite windy, but nice.and warm and sunny.
Just before open water swimming started, I did a couple runs over to Saltaire to do the parkrun on a Saturday morning. I got then jump on the train and get back. It's a great run over the moor(s), and there was a couple of birds to see (goose nesting for example).
I was doing that because I ran Leeds HM on Sunday 11th May. It was a super hot today. I started really fast, but after about 10km just couldn't maintain the speed and dropped off a bit. I still finished in a good time around 1:29.
We popped up the Newcastle for Kathryn's birthday. I think it was a Thursday and we went to a new cafe place in Newcastle called Kiln. I had a savoury breakfast meal which was very nice.
I also finally got the train from here to Halifax, which requires a change at Bradford. I met Rachel and we did the parkrun.
I did another trip to Sheffield to do some community engagement work. It was an amazing couple of hours and I met some really friendly people who had overcome such adversity.
In June, Simon came to visit and we went to a music festival in Bradford/Leeds. On the Friday we went to the famous 1 in 12 club in Bradford. It was a hot evening, and we had a few beers. The music was great, and included a relocation into an upstairs room due to leaking toilets!
Saturday we were in Leeds and at the new Boom venue. We had a great time and got the last train home.
We've had the blackbirds nesting in our garden again this year. I think they had 3 nests in total. It's always nice to watch them through the season.
Open water swimming has been ongoing. I've been to almost all the sessions so far this year.
I then had ANOTHER trip to Sheffield. This time to see some bands play in a tiny rehearsal room called Hatch.
Early July was Ilkley HM, it was so hot! I was walking by the end but finished in a respectable 1:45.
At the lake.
I've rejoined Otley AC and done a few races, included HDSRL. I also did a relay event at the Washburn reservoirs which was really nice to do on a Friday evening.
Otley AC also organised a social run over Burley moor.
Then at the beginning of August, High Vis played a small venue and Simon/Steph were able to let me stay.
I was up morning walking Izzy and there was this amazing cloud formation.
Photos of me at the lake.







No comments:
Post a Comment