Big photo dump from December 2023.
Early in the month I went for a run over Burley/Ilkley moor to look at the Christmas lights in Ilkley. I popped into Bini to have a drink, and hoped to get some food from Host/Joel's but unfortunately had to get the train back before I could get anything.
I've still be going to Baines Wing most days, and a lovely Christmas tree has appeared outside.
This photo looks like it's from the 1st round of the WYWL this year, which was in Baildon. I think that was in November though.
I was able to meet Graham for a beer and we popped into a few records shops as well as Northern Market (previously known as Assembly Underground) and North Bar.
We popped up to Durham to celebrate Colin's birthday. I went to Chester-le-Street to see an old work colleague and give her some advice about applying for research grants.
The following day we went to Newcastle to do a bit of Christmas shopping and have some breakfast.
We had a little bit of snow which was nice before Christmas.
Leeds Bread Co-op started to do their December babka, which means its almost Christmas time.
I did my best to reach 100km swimming for 2023 which I acheived in mid-December.
I've also been trying to use the library a bit in Brotherton Building which is really nice.
The weather has been very windy, but I was able to pop to Bramhope Deli one of the mornings for a bit of brunch.
Me and Kathryn also popped to Friends of Ham in Ilkley. They had changed the menu and so we had to try a couple of new dishes. They had a wood fireplace going which was really hot and so sadly we couldn't stay for too long.
We got some wine to have from the wine shop in Ilkley.
The PhD suite at the university continues to be very quiet.
There have been problems with the trains, firstly due to flooding, and then due to high winds. This meant that I was brave enough to finally get the bus home. The stop is actually just outside the Brotherton Building outside where I am at the university.
Again, I managed to go out on another short bikeride, to Bolton Abbey this time.
The weekend before Christmas, I was contacted by Tom at short notice to say that he could come over a visit to do our local parkrun. Thankfully we had a really nice morning and it was great to catch up with him. We had a nice brunch at Mistal Kitchen before he had to dash off to work in Bolton in the afternoon.
Later that day I went over to watch the football again. There is a nice coffee shop that has just opened in Guiseley that I will try and visit each time I go to the football.
It was a pretty even game, that finished 2-2 eventually. The sunset was spectacular.
On the Sunday, it was the next round of the WYWL. Danny had also suggested we did the next PECO race as well. It took me at least a week to get over both races!


No comments:
Post a Comment