Sunday, April 3, 2022

Early April

We had a bit of cold weather to start the month. We had one snowy morning, but it was all gone by lunchtime. It was nice to have a brief walk up to the station.





I'm guessing I took this photo was I was running home. I've tried to start run commuting on a Thursday now. With Leeds HM in a few weeks I'm trying to run Tuesday, Thursday and at the weekend.




Saturday the 2nd April I was the run director at the parkrun. There was a tiny bit of snow left on the course in the morning on the shaded spot.




Run report:

"Now we have passed 6 months of events at Chevin Forest, our Saturday mornings are settling into a nice routine. This is despite the best efforts of the weather! Midweek snow had caused me a bit of concern, but on Saturday morning it was cold and dry, and with no signs of any frost or ice. And only a small amount of snow remained in some of the shaded spots on the course away from the main paths.

The routine I mentioned before, is very helpful from the RD perspective. All volunteers were present and correct by 8:30am, and we had all the kit setup too in next to no time. This allowed for a nice half an hour of socialising before getting the event started. A special mention and thank you to Rags who stepped in to do the first timers briefing at short notice, and Sinead who also helped with barcode scanning too.

The setup time always passes so quickly, and it almost caught me out this week. I have to admit I think we were a couple minutes late starting this week! However, there is usually one or two who arrive at the last minute, so hopefully that worked out for them this week. Looking at the results, of the 129 participants this week 51 were first timers. Based on their clubs, most seemed to be from the Leeds area, and we hope they will return again sometime soon. 

First over the line was Chris Tinker (Leeds Bradford Triathlon Club) in an impressive sub-19 minute run, closely followed by a few other runners. I know Chris well and it was good to see him put in a good run this week. 6 runners were completing their first ever recorded parkrun, so well done to them too! There were no official milestones reached this week. But we did have 24 people set new personal bests on our course today.

Finally, my thanks to the volunteers this week who made the event possible. 

Jane OUGHTON • Andrew RAYNER • Dave TAIT • Debbie BROWN • Steve BROWN • Sue GREEN • Rowan ELKINGTON • Ragbir THETHY • Paul FARMERY • Emma HARRIS • Stephen MORRIS • Julie EASTWOOD • Lee GUMBRELL • Sinead BURKE • Samuel BROOKS • James BROOKS • Will EDMONDSON • Sharron RAYNER

Stephen - RD Event #29"

Then after I drove over to Hosforth to get some bread from the market.



In the evening I was able to get the telescope out for the first time in a while. I guess as it's a few weeks until Easter, and Ramadan has started so it's the new moon cycle. There were a couple of hedgehogs being very noisy in the garden.



Sunday I got my run in up on the moor side.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...