Early June in 2022 meant the Queen's jubilees celebration for 60 years as the Queen of England.
At the beginning of the week, my Tuesday off was pretty rainy all day. I just managed to get out for a quick run in the morning.
It was too cold to go open water swimming on Tuesday, so I made up for it with my first pool swim this year at the university pool. I popped in Wednesday after work.
Thursday morning I had the best start to the 4 day weekend. The weather was beautiful and I went out on my bike. I did a little bit more than I planned, I did a full loop of the reservoir which is the best local route I think.
On the way back I was able to use my new musette which worked really well. I was able to stop by at the new bakery in Otley and get some pastries for the weekend. The musette slung around my back really well and was great for cycling back with.
In the afternoon we popped into Ilkley to visit some new places. We walked up and got the train. Unofruntaely Kathryn is still really finding it hard to breathe after having coronavirus, so we took it nice a steady. It was pretty warm so we sat outside at Friends of Ham. We had some nice wine, including an orange one, with some bread and olives.
After sitting there for an hour, we walked down the high street to the other end to visit a pop-up Bini Brew bar which was serving alongside a takeaway fried chicken thing. This was a local restaurant called Host who set this takeaway service on weekdays during lockdown when they couldn't be open to customers. Usually they just do British cuisine. We were able to sit at a table and have a couple of drinks with food. We then headed back.
Despite it being a bank holiday on Friday, we had noticed that Leeds Bread Coop was offering to deliver to our area. It now looks like they have moved their day which was Monday, to Friday. This works well for us! So we had a fresh bread delivery at 8am on Friday.
Later on in the day, I went over to Ilkley to run in the Ilkley Harriers race.
We had a BBQ in the afternoon, and the sun was back out.
On Saturday morning I was able to swim and ride up to parkrun. It's a fun little morning of activity, but a little too hard to do on a regular basis. I just needed to do this whilst getting some training in before Leeds Triathlon in a couple of weeks.
I think these other two photos are from swimming on the Tuesday.


No comments:
Post a Comment