Saturday, May 28, 2022

End of May 2022

On Saturday I went to Conyngham Hall for parkrun league with the triathlon club. I started really well but after 1km I just felt dreadful. It was a two lap course and so on the second lap I just took it as an easy jog. I finished with 20:30 which is about 2 minutes down. The weather was fantastic though.


Late that day it was Eurovision. Amazingly we actually came first on the jury vote, but finished second after the popular vote was counted.


Sunday I was back at work. I did cycle in by bike though.



Tuesday I got out for my usual short run in the morning.


I popped into town to do that last of Kathryn's birthday shopping and grab a beer with Graham.


I went down to help with open water swimming on Tuesday evening.


On Thursday evening I went out for a short bike ride as the weather was so nice.



On Friday we went up to Durham for the start of Kathryn's birthday celebrations.



In the afternoon we had a garden party with family friends.


Kathryn had Monday off and we popped into town for breakfast.


On her birthday on Tuesday her cake got delivered in the morning as well as some flowers.




For work we are having a competition to see who can grow the largest sunflower. Mine is off and running, a few weeks behind as I wasn't in work to collect my seed.


On Thursday, Kathryn was unwell. She saw the GP, but they sent her to the local medical admissions unit to get her lungs checked out. Everything came back normal thought, except a chest Xray that was showing some viral changes. Me and Izzy sat and waiting in the car.



On Saturday I was able to get down to another open water swimming, and this time I went in. It was lovely and sunny. I did a quick two laps and then headed up the Chevin to go to parkrun. They didn't need me to volunteer and so I was able to run as well.


I've no idea when I took this on a run.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...