Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Late August 22

Sunday morning I made the effort to get out early and go on the cycle loop around Fewston reservoir. I'm always amazed when I haven't done it for a while. It such a good route to be able to do within an hour and a half and from your doorstep.



Tuesday was the usual day with an early run and then swimming.



Friday was the start of a long bank holiday weekend for us. I got out early for another nice short bikeride, via the bakery.



In the afternoon, we drove up to Durham to go to Helen and Colin's party. We had a really good time.




Saturday, unfortunately Durham parkrun was cancelled. So I had the opportunity to travel for the first 'new' parkrun I had done since COVID. It was a short car drive down to Spennymore. Further bad luck meant I had forgotten my running shoes so I had to run it in my Nike Blazers. I might have come first with decent shoes. The weather remains warm and I was very sweaty at the end.



Sunday morning, inspired by my other recent bike rides, I went on a longer ride around Greenhow. It took me just over 2 hours, but was a great morning. At the moment there hasn't been much wind around, which is good for this route.







In the afternoon, we went to Bini Brewery for drinks. It was still quite warm, and it was boiling in the brewery. We didn't stay for too long, but did have some nice vegan spring rolls.




Monday morning, I went into Leeds to do the North Brewing Run Club monthly run. I hadn't been to Springwell brewery before. And thankfully, I manage to meet up with Charlie.





In the afternoon, I then went out for a bike ride with Matt.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...