Tuesday, December 27, 2022

Christmas Weekend

The New York blog seems to have disrupted this blog a bit, and I didn't update it for a while. The bakery had an open day, so we managed to pickup a babka at the first opportunity.



Somewhere we did another paediatric parkrun!


The week after it was really cold again, but I marshalled this time.


I got my Christmas cards sorted this year and made a newsletter to go in them.


I invited myself to a course recce of the Chevin Chase. It was a nice little group to run with and I met some people I wouldn't have met otherwise.



I did some midweek Christmas shopping. Thankfully Laynes was open until 6pm during December so I had a nice coffee after work.


Ongoing train strikes have mean I have often had to drive into work.


The weekend before Christmas we doubled the parkrun and the brewery run club.



I managed to squeeze in some public engagement work for my research project.


And also spent time supporting out nurses during their strike.


My parents briefly visited and we enjoyed a day out in Leeds (it rained).



We also had a nice Christmas dinner in Ilkley.





This was the queue to the bakery on Christmas Eve.


I grabbed some cakes and volunteered at the parkrun.



Christmas Day we were in Durham and went to the beach.





We came back Boxing Day and I did the Chevin Chase. I had a cold the week before Christmas so I was pleased my lungs weren't too bad.




New Years Eve I ran at parkrun and scanned barcodes afterwards.



New Years Eve we went back to Durham. I did the same again.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...