Saturday, June 24, 2023

End June 2023

Ok, huge update incoming. I just interviewed for the NIHR DF on Wednesday so that has been taking up all my attention. Most of, I have been doing quite a bit else to 'distract' me, but just not found the time to do this.

I'll do this in two parts, so starting after the GNS, I went to help volunteer at OWS as I didn't really need to do anymore swimming. The session was a 'round the island' format, and it was a beautiful evening to be on the lake.


The peonies flowers I planted a couple of years ago have finally flowered this year.


I picked up a bostock from Laynes for breakfast, the first time they have had it in a while. It was a nice breakfast after swimming.



In the afternoon we went out to Ilkley for some drinks and good. We went to Friends of Ham, Host and Martinez wines.




Sunday I went out for a short bike ride.


The interview was Wednesday so I didn't do much in between. On the Wednesday evening I did the Harrogate summer league race at Wetherby, after getting a quick debrief with Claudia to find out how her interview went, and then Graham for a beer at North Bar. 


Thursday, my parents came to visit. We went out for breakfast in Ilkley, then lunch at The Hermit, and then went out to the cricket in the evening at Headingley.


On Friday I drove over the Manchester to go to Outbreak Festival with one my old friends Simon.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...