Monday, July 10, 2023

End June 2023

I had a very enjoyable ride with Jon around the reservoirs on my Thursday off day. I hadn't seen him before the interview and so there was a lot to catch up on. We stopped at Arlo and had brunch afterwards. Unfortunately I got really bad heartburn about two coffees and scrambled eggs!




I was working on the Saturday, but was able to commute in which is always good.



I have the Ilkley HM coming up, and tried desperately to do some running. I did a run over the golf course but wasn't able to run that fast it felt like.


On Saturday I did a big 'New Year's resolution' type thing with going to see some live music in Leeds. There is a music venue called Boom who host various alternative and hardcore bands. I went on the Saturday afternoon between about 2 and 5pm just to find the venue as it is out of town, and also listen to some new bands.


The venue is tiny, it took me a moment or two to find it, but inside it was a small forecourt and then bar and stage within a small enclosure, and a corridor that lead to the main stage. Outside was some merch stands under gazebos and a smaller room at the back for the second stage.


More swimming at the lake on Tuesday, or Saturday, not sure when this was taken.


Sunday we went to Ilkley for a roast which was nice. As the temperature has been bit colder I was brave enough to book it outside.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...