Saturday, September 23, 2023

Early September 2023

In the start to September, we were treated to a warm spell that lasted for pretty much the first week.

I had booked onto the Struggle Borderlands ride at the last minute, and was thankful that I got to ride the first 60 miles or so with Chris. It was a wet and gloomy start. But after we went over the first climb of the day (Tan Hill), the weather was amazing. Virtually no wind, and the scenery was beautiful.







On Sunday, me and Kathryn went over the road and had a nice breakfast.


By Tuesday, the water temperature was up over 20 again at the lake. This meant I was able to do 4 wetsuit laps and 2 non wetsuit again.


On Thursday, I took my first trip to Ilkley lido. The air temp was about 27 degrees, so dunking in the 20 degree water was very refreshing and kept me feeling cool for the rest of the day.


Saturday was back to OWS at Otley, and the lake was a bit warmer this time.


Afterwards, I cycled up to the park run to cheer on the paediatric runners, and then join them in the cafe afterwards.



Sunday morning I had a quick run, the weather changed after today though.


Tuesday was the last OWS of the year.



On Thursday, we drove up to Durham so we could have a trip to London to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary.



































No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...