It's been a busy few months, here is my updated!
We have been to the Ilkley Literature Festival for the first time. We went to a couple of events and enjoyed them.
This was our first trip to the new Bini brew taphouse in Ilkley.
I had my first ever race at the WYXC league in Guiseley. It was soo hot!
I was very happy to be back at the NIHR academy conference this year. It such an amazing event and you learn a lot.
Thursday I went to the cycling club track session again.
I had a nice cycle by myself on Friday. I managed to avoid the rain, and went for a quick brunch by myself when I got back.
The 2nd Saturday of the month is parkrun, this time it was Roundhay. It was a beautiful morning.
Sunday the 14th October was my first shift back at the hospital. It was a pretty quiet day, I was able to cycle both ways as the weather was really nice.
In the 3rd weekend in October, my parents came to visit. Sadly the weather was terrible, we had so much rain. But we did go for breakfast on the Friday, and we also went across to Salts Mills which at least was indoors.
The 27th October, it was time to go to London to visit Simon and go to the High-Vis/Higher Power concert.
To finish off a busy weekend, it was the next WYXC fixture in Wakefield on Sunday. It was actually really good to get the train, and I was only out of the house for 4 hours in total. I had another good race, not really competitive, but a good training run at the very least.
I have had a been of a visual disturbance in my eye recently. So I went to the optician just to get it looked over. There wasn't anything they found so it's back to business as usual.
It's been a very wet autumn so far. I've not done much running or cycling recently. I did finally managed to get a swim in during the half term week.
This was our pumpkin situation this year.
On Friday, I went out for a run as the weather was really nice, and to stretch my legs before the conference.
The 4th November was the NPPG conference. It was back in Holmes Chapel again which is south of Manchester. I just went across for the Saturday.
Again, I was presenting. This was the 4th time, and actually it was pretty good compared to my other experiences.
On the first Sunday in November, after the conference, I went to visit Jenny in Harrogate. We did park run, I was timekeeping, and then we went to Knaresbrough to catch up. Henry was at a relative, and Hattie a party, so we actually had a really good catch up over various things.






No comments:
Post a Comment