Sunday, November 12, 2023

Birthday 2023

I tried to make the most of my birthday weekend this year, as the 10th fell on a Friday. We went into Leeds in the morning and went to Laynes. We didn't stay for too long and came home shortly afterwards. I can't remember what we did in the afternoon, I think had a nap for a bit. In the evening we got a takeaway and watched the Old Dads movie.

Saturday morning, I was finally able to do the Burley Moor run for the first time. It was a beautiful and sunny morning, it was cold, but in the sun it was warm. It was just a short walk to the start from where we live.



It was a really tough course, at 11km it was quite long. And had a few ups and downs at the end which finished my off after about 8km.




In the afternoon, I finally went to Netherfield Park to go and watch a non-league football game for the local club Guiseley AFC. They won 4-3 in the end, and it was nice to be outside on such a nice day.




Afterwards, I got the train back to Ilkley and met Kathryn at Bini for a couple drinks ( I dropped my phone on the floor and broke it :( ). On Sunday we didn't do too much, I was just a bit hungover I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...