Friday, December 27, 2024

Winter 2024

It's Christmas time, and sadly I've had another accident which has resulted in broken bones. It's the 27th of December and it feels like quite a difficult time. The weather is nice and we've had a good few days in Durham for Christmas. I think in a similar way to July where I miss the two summer months with my foot fracture now I am faced with the prospect of missing at least two weeks of Christmas break due to my broken arm and wrist. The latter has meant that I now have to have a cast on my arm for probably 6 to 8 weeks my foot is also become quite problematic and I'm really praying that it's nothing more serious than just a bruise that needs a bit of rest to heal up.

One thing we can do is start to look back on the good couple of months I had prior to this latest adversity.

At the end of November, there was a work football tournament on Friday evening. This was really fun to be doing things like this again after a long few months recovering for my broken foot. We played really badly in the first few games but then it became knockout stages. We won the semi-final and lost in the final.



For my birthday, we went to Miss Hill kitchen for brunch. They were doing a really nice tiramisu version of French toast which was really indulgent and a nice birthday treat.



Sometime in mid November, I went to Boom.



I went to the ward prematurity day at least hospitals which was really great but very hard work.


We had some very cold weather at the end of November, but it was trying to meet Chris managed to get out for a bike ride to Bolton Abbey.




The local patient safety research centre had to organise an event in the city centre. This photo was taken shortly before I went to the venue. It was a lovely sunny morning and this is down by the river in Leeds.


At the beginning of December, a very strong storm came through the UK.Amazingly, the football still on so it was quite windy, but the football seem to be okay.


The next day I went to run across country race which was in Rothwell, which is South Leeds. It was really muddy and very hard going but amazingly later on I realise that I did very well and came 50th which was about where I came last year. This showed that my rehabilitation following my fractured foot was pretty much complete.


Catherine went out for Christmas meal on Friday, the 13th of December.I have worked at the hospital in the morning and decided that I popped down to in the afternoon. This was to take advantage of their lunch menu. I was there from about 3 o'clock and left just after four which was just as it was getting dark.
I had some really nice food, including a chestnut Ragu, which was nice.

Sadly, for me about five minutes after I left, I had my accident. I had to walk back to the station with my bike and wait for Catherine to get home. We waited till the next morning to go to the walk-in centre or. Which is where they diagnosed me with a fractured radial head and scaphoid.




Graham did me a massive favour and that be on the Saturday before Christmas to go and measure the pothole this was so then through it with the council to be fixed. I'll hopefully be sorting out the claim early in the new year.



My parents typically for Christmas and we did a couple of nice things which she cleared to go for Christmas dinner and also going for a coffee at Arlo.


On boxing day, we went to the beach to Seaham. It's always nice to walk along the sand,And it looks really nice when the sun is out too. It was actually quite warm and no wind which made it even better. And Izzy had a great time running around.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Late Summer 2026

Again, these are in some sort of mixed up order. The rose that we saved from next door flowered this year. Hopefully we will plant it in the...