Sports at this time of year include the Tour de France which finished on Sunday, as well as some baseball.
Heavy rain in the evening lead to a nice rainbow.
I volunteered at Tuesday's swim. It was raining quite a bit so I was pleased not to be in the water. Karl was session lead and we chatted about a few random things, his bike crash and members of the club
Friday was a miserable day, this part of the summer has been quite cloudy and wet.
At work I had a nice little surprise that Matt had left me a running top for the run on Saturday.
In the evening I got the train to Ilkley and Kathryn joined me so we could grab some food and a drink. We had some nice food, and this time I got the burger but without sauce!
I was feeling quite tired Saturday so didn't go swimming, but did go to parkrun. It was still a bit wet, but also warm. It was a local GP takeover so it was good to talk to a few new people.
Saturday evening was a quick trip into Leeds to do the donor run as part of the British Transplant Games. I actually turned up right as this photo was being taken. I am just hiding at the top right!
The run was alright, I met a few people from work so at least I had some company. It was super humid though and quite sweaty. It was also very busy so it wasn't possible to run too fast on the 2nd lap.
Sunday morning I was down to volunteer a full day at the track and field events. This was at the John Charles Sports Centre in south Leeds. This meant an early start to drive across Leeds. Again, it was wet in the morning. But it dried up by the afternoon.
It was a pretty cool event actually. A nice group of people, and something I usually wouldn't do. The other volunteers were nice, as were the track officials. We got to see up close the high jump, javelin, long jump and discuss.

No comments:
Post a Comment